Glasgow Buchanan Street Station was the least known of the four major Glasgow Train Stations. It was located North West of Queen Street Station.
The original station buildings were temporary wooden structures. They lasted until 1930.
Services from Buchanan Street station ran to Stirling, Perth and Aberdeen.
Eventually, the station closed in 1966, as part of the rationalisation of the British rail system. The station buildings were demolished a year after closure in 1967.
There is a bar nearby where the station was located, it is called 'The Station Bar'.